Health, Safety & Environment
At 2Construct we are committed to being an ethically and morally responsible builder. We support all of our projects with an Integrated Management System (IMS) that is accredited to the following standards:
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems
- 14001:2015 – Environmental Management Systems
The implementation of these systems is aligned specifically to integrate into our construction management processes, enabling us to build the highest quality construction projects, while protecting the health and safety of our workers and subcontractors and minimise the impact on our community and environment.
Our Commitment to Environmental Sustainability
2Construct is committed to and recognises the importance of conducting our business in an ethical manner by being socially and environmentally responsible. We build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm and shall integrate economic, social and sustainable goals in all our processes and decision making activities, and when undertaking works and services for our clients.
To exercise environmental sustainability, we provide adequate resources to develop and maintain our commitment, as well as the supporting programs and improvement initiatives.
We strive to:
- Ensure our practices of economic sustainability are meeting client & community expectations
- Encourage innovation and best practice sustainable design, construction and maintenance for the built environment
- Monitor emerging sustainable technologies, equipment purchases and work processes relevant to our activities
- Maintain sustainable procurement approaches, so that where possible products and materials that are used promote environmental sustainability
- Seek the use of environmentally sustainable recycled materials and reduce waste generation at our workplaces
- Minimise the use of materials which deplete natural resources or create toxic pollution
- Incorporate environmental sustainability into our governance framework, with consideration of the environmental risks within construction, our responsibilities, and organisational capability
- Maintain challenging sustainability goals and targets around environmental performance and the delivery of suitable environmental and sustainable awareness and training for our staff
- Actively engage with staff, suppliers, contractors, industry partners, clients and the community around sharing and realising our commitment to sustainability
- Minimise our environmental footprint through sustainable management of resources including land, water, energy, materials, cultural heritage and biodiversity; and
- Continually improve and learn from our efforts in working towards environmental sustainability.
Our Environmental Sustainability Commitment Statement will be reviewed where required to reflect changes in the organisation, or relevant legislation, as well as every two years as part of a biannual policy review.